MSI 915P Neo2 Platinum: Intel P4 560, 2 x 512MB Corsair TWINX PC5400 Pro, ASUS AX800XT, 160GB Seagate SATA 7200.7, Windows XP SP1, ATI Catalyst 4.10
ASUS P5AD2 Premium: Intel P4 560, 2 x 512MB Corsair TWINX PC5400 Pro, ASUS AX800XT, 160GB Seagate SATA 7200.7, Windows XP SP1, ATI Catalyst 4.10
Test software will be:
- Although a synthetic benchmark, it's a popular one, freely available if you wish to make comparison benchmarks. We will be testing the CPU, MMX, and memory speeds, using the 32-bit 2004 version.
- The ZD Winstone suite is a script that runs a series of actions and calculates a final score that measures a PC's overall performance.
- Sysmark 2004 is BAPCo's latest revision of the mainstream office productivity and Internet content creation benchmark used to characterize the performance of the business client. It uses a number of real-world applications and runs them through a series of tests. We tested with the office, and content creation benchmarks.
- We used a computation of 10000000 digits of Pi, Chudnovsky method, 1024 K FFT, and no disk memory. Note that lower scores are better, and times are in seconds.
- Bad Company - 10 from 9 was ripped into one 414MB .wav file. We then encoded that .wav file into a 320Kb/s sample rate MP3.
Unreal Tournament 2003, Quake 3: Arena - Old and moldy, both games were run at 640x480 with minimal detail and sound disabled to test CPU performance.
Unreal Tournament 2004, Doom 3 - Modern day shooters which we're sure all our readers are familiar with. Benchmarks were done at 640x480 with minimal detail and sound disabled.
All benchmarks were run a total of three times, with the average results shown here today. Sound was disabled at the BIOS level, and memory timings configured at 4-4-4-12 at DDR-II 533 and NCQ was enabled.
SiSoft Sandra 2004 CPU
While we expected the MSI 915P Neo2 Platinum to be within the range of the 925X based ASUS P5AD2, we did not expect to see the 915P win this test. It's still early in the game, so let's see how the rest of the tests fare.
SiSoft Sandra 2004 MMX
SiSoft Sandra 2004 Memory
Both boards exchange victories in the final to SiSoft Sandra tests, but as we can see here, the 915P is not backing down from the 925X at all.
ZD Business Winstone 2004
As we move to real-world applications (though it's still a script), not much has changed from the synthetic benchmarks. The ASUS board takes this test, but the MSI 915P is very close behind.
Sysmark 2004 Office Productivity
Looks very good for the 915P Neo2, as it easily overtakes the ASUS P5AD2 in this test.
Sysmark 2004 Content Creation
Another great showing here from the 915P Neo2. This time around, the margin of victory is quite a bit wider.