![]() |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Left 4 Dead 2
Too early for me to give a full opinion but initial impressions after around 10 hours play are good.
On paper, when Valve announced L4D2 I was pretty much in the boycott camp ... and I still bought it as part of a 4 pack with a friend Then the demo hit and I was glad I'd bought it as part of the 4 pack, because it worked out cheaper. Which was just as well because I couldn't see anything in the demo to make it more than glorified DLC. Just what the boycotters said it would be. If I'd had to pay the full price, I'd of been disappointed and a felt a little cheated based on the demo.But now having played the full game, so far I'm very happy. And yes, I'd of payed (in hindsight) the full price, and I've so far played nothing but coop, and only tried 3 of the 5 campaigns. The humour is if anything better than the first, and I do like to have a laugh playing these games. Some of the weapons are fantastic fun, and seeing the spitter and charger in other maps/areas they make much more sense than they did in the demo. I like that the finales keep you on your toes more than l4d1, and while some of the ideas are used in l4d1 3rd party maps, they work well or better in l4d2. All in all, loving it so far.
__________________
Scott Harness aka VoOdoO Senior Managing Editor, V I P E R L A I R .com Don't Move! Ya surrounded by Armed Bastids! - Gene Hunt, Life On Mars |
|
|
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|